Re: [Evolution] Shared folders

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 09:34 +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

tor, 11.03.2004 kl. 01.53 skrev Not Zed:

Does Evo support shared IMAP folders (e.g. on Cyrus)? For
some reason I thought it didn't. Maybe I'm confused.

Apparently it does with Cyrus (I can't confirm) but it definitely
doesn't with Courier FS-based shared directories (Mozilla does,
SquirrelMail does, etc.) I filed an ITS on this, and it was barfed: "Put
on wish list for some future version". Maybe Evo supports the new
Courier ACL shared directories, I haven't tried, yet.

I'm not sure why evolution would have to do anything to support it,
apart from open the folder.

This is IMAP, Qmail/Courier (I use Postfix) Maildir/ format o.k.? inside
a $HOME/Maildir, as well as tmp, new and cur and the "dot" subfolders,
there's a directory hierarchy called "shared-folders", without a dot as
precursor. I expect that Evo would have to recognize that. You'd have to
play about with Courier IMAP to check. I'm using 2.2.2, 2.3 is out, with
an alternative, optional shared folders system based on ACLs, so by the
time Evo 2.0 appears, perhaps the present system won't be in use any
more.

As I wrote, both Mozilla >= 1.4 and SquirrelMail 1.4.2 recognize the
present Courier shared folders.

Sounds like you're talking about multiple namespace support.  Which
clearly evolution doesn't support.  But that you can still access one
namespace of.