Re: [Evolution] OpenOffice (Ximian) lost link in KDE

<rant>
notice, this mail list apparently doesn't like HTML email sent to it,

Bullshit, it does.

<rant> WTF? Why do you send an useless image to a mailing list,
containing a stupid standard "disclaimer" (which is more a one-side NDA)
and therefore bloating this? As if this text wouldn't be stupid enough,
sent in bandwidth saving text format. </rant>

As I go back and forth between XD2 and KDE (trying to see if I really
like XD2), I recently found that my linkage to OpenOffice in KDE is now
broken.

If I open (for instance) a Word document attachment  from Evolution, it
opens in Ximian OpenOffice.  However, if I try to open OpenOffice from
my programs menu, it no longer opens anything.

I had previously had OpenOffice installed.

How do I find the linkage for Ximian OpenOffice, so that I might change
my KDEN menu items to reflect the newer (better?) Ximian version?

As you have the Ximian OOo installed, it probably is in another
directory than the old version (just a guess, as I never installed the
Ximian version) -- and the old one is un-installed?

To fix KDE links, you have to deal with your KDE settings. Asking a KDE
mailing list would be the best bet.

However, check which binary the KDE link calls and make a symlink to the
actual OOo binary. This way you don't have to mess with KDE settings.

BTW: This mailing list is for discussions about Evolution. Questions
about XD2 (including OOo) are better asked on the Ximian Users mailing
list: