Re: [Evolution] (no subject)

Hi,

You shoudln't need to go to backups or anything.

When mail is reconfigured this way, it does the following steps:

 - renames the existing folder from 'mbox' to 'mbox_config' (the name
mbox is used for all folder types)
 - creates a new folder with the name 'mbox', of the new folder type
 - copies messages across
 - writes a new xml 'format' file with the new folder type in it

What has happened is the new xml file couldn't be written properly, so
you still have the old one.  I would suspect that the mbox wasn't fully
converted too, since the xml file is so small.

What you need to do is:

Quit evo.

 - go to the folder directory, in ~/evolution/local/Inbox
 - you should see an 'mbox_reconfig' file and an 'mbox' directory
 - verify the mbox_reconfig file is the original berkely mailbox file
 - rm -rf the mbox directory (not the file!), and mbox.* files (actually
you might just want to 'mv' them to another location until the below is
verified).
 - rename mbox_reconfig file and mbox_reconfig.* files to mbox
 - verify the folder type in 'local-metadata.xml' is 'mbox'

Starting evo should fix it.

BTW Unless you have a dire need for mh interoperation, i'd highly
recommend you either use Maildir, or just leave it as mbox - i have over
500MB of emails over about 20 mbox folders).  mh is really only there to
ease interoperation with other mail clients, and even then would
normally only be used for external folders.