Re: [Evolution] Searching All Mail

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 04:54, HvR wrote:
i find that scanning the emails for recipients is not that fast if you
have many large emails, what i use as matching rule is "received is
before now" it is oodles faster...

Oh right, now that I checked, this is what I also did, perhaps someone
had mentioned that matching for recipient is not very fast and I changed
it.. So what I actually have there right now is:

   "Date sent" "is after" "[my birth date]"

Should match at least all important mails =)

But the point is, such a vfolder is incredibly useful.

Another one I use a lot is "Date received" "is after" "2 hours ago" -
that's useful when I wake up the laptop and fetch mail, if I want to see
what that batch of email contained - it's all shown at once. Or if I
return from lunch or something like that. I filter mailing lists to
folders so it is sometimes handy to have a overall look on what's going
on.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>