Re: [Evolution] Searching All Mail

i find that scanning the emails for recipients is not that fast if you have many large emails, what i use as matching rule is "received is before now" it is oodles faster...

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 15:10, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 22:28, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> You are able to just select the specific folders you wish to search
> under. Eg. you can select "employer" and "client" and "project" folders
> individually and add them to the list of folders to search.

Usually the most useful thing is the "all mail on all folders" -vfolder,
in most cases you find what you are looking for anyway - it's pretty
powerful as a "mail google".

It's generic, reasonably fast (I have 134000 messages in my Evolution
(yea, about the time to clean up a bit :), it takes a moment to come up,
but every time it's faster than looking through the stuff manually
anyway..)

So if you make more fine-grained ones, usually you need something that
can be outside  that folder tree branch anyway - I have found that the
most generic "match all everywhere" is the most useful in practice.

My rule is "recipient contains '@' from all local and remote folders" -
that works pretty well :)

Tuomas