Re: [Evolution] Re: Advice

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 08:55:02AM -0500, Alan Shutko wrote to To evolution ximian com:
:-) Andrew Cowie <afcowie shadnet shad ca> writes:
:-)
:-) >   [personal pet peeve - Outlook will let me put '>' chars into a
:-) > reply, but doesn't let me 1) select the character and
:-)
:-) I think that's a good thing.  I'm personally sick of people choosing
:-) stupid characters to feel cool and thus break my quote highlighting
:-) and hiding.

It is generally very easy to set up regex to cover 99% of the charaters
used to mark replies...personally, because I am currently in a text MUA
100%, I *like* the different charaters, as it servers the same function
to me as your highlighting.

So, don't take away something from me just because it will mess
something up for you which you can fix very easily.

Thanks...

Don

--
Don Harper, RHCE, MCSE                          email: duck duckland org
Just a systems kinda guy...                      http://www.duckland.org

As I learn to trust the universe, I no longer need to carry a gun.