[Evolution] Evolution and Package Dependencies

Newbie alert...

Howdy,

I want to download just the Evolution package on my Red Hat 7.1 system using
the Red-Carpet package manager. Selecting this package on the Install screen
and clicking the install button gives me a failed dependencies error:

"Package kdepim needs package libpisock.so.3 which cannot be found"

Some questions:
1. Can I download just the Evolution package without downloading other
Ximian packages (desktop, etc.)?
2. It appears that I do have the libpisock.so.3 library package installed,
but it has a shared library link pointing to libpisock.so.3.0.1 (it's listed
on my system like this:
/usr/lib/libpisock.so.3 -> libpisock.so.3.0.1)
Is the shared link what is causing the problem? If so, can something be done
to overcome the problem?
3. The libpisock.so.3 library appears to be part of the pilot-link package,
which is used for synching Palm Pilots with desktop tools. If I don't have a
Palm Pilot, can I just uninstall the pilot-link package? Will that get rid
of the dependency problem I have now?

Thanks,

Chris