Re: [Evolution] (no subject)

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 11:15:57AM -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:

Ok. I got, from woody bonobo-0.26, but evolution can't work with anything
beyond 0.23, if I read things right. So I managed by hook and crook to
remove  the 0.26 deb, and built 0.23 from source. I couldn't see any other
way around it.

The way around it is to compile evolution from CVS :-)

Hum...not that easy ;-)
Here's the hint :

remove the bonobo 0.26  stuff (get rid of dependencies)
sudo dpkg --purge --force-depends bonobo libbonobo1 libbonobo-dev

Then add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/helix/evolution/distributions/Debian ./
and comment the line for your official debian mirror.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution

it should get evolution and all the dependancies (the right bonobo) just well.
I don't believe their's so much debian packages that depends on bonobo
0.26. If any...just remove ;-)

Hope this helps
Regards

--