Re: [Evolution] Suggestions for deleting mail

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 09:52:44AM -0600, sirkus wrote:
Along this same line...  Is there a scheme in the works to actually use
the "Trash" folder? It seems a bit different since evo uses the
mbox-like method of leaving the message in the current folder but
marking it deleted until it's expunged.  This useage would be a bit
confusing for the normal "Eudora" like users....  The "trash" folder
would be a more modern e-mail client approach.
  Anyway, I saw the "trash" folder that was created and wondered if it's
there to be used in the future.

I'm forced to use netscape mail at work and their scheme is pretty good.  Just
a triple radio button (for imap anyway) with the choices "move to trash
folder" (to be expunged when "empty trash" is selected), mark as deleted (to
be removed on expunge ("compact folder" in netscapespeak) and remove
immediately.

Options such as these would be IMHO a good variety of ways to deal with
deleting that should satisify the majority of users out there.

arc

--
Arcterex <arcterex userfriendly org>   -==-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I