Re: [Evolution] Some Evo 0.8 questions and a problem

On 20 Dec 2000 01:24:09 -0500, Christopher James Lahey wrote:

It should.  We have had some problems with this feature in thread mode
if you have sorted your messages, however, a fix for this was committed
towards the end of the 0.8 release cycle.  If this still is a problem
please let us know.

Okay, I entered a folder with no unread messages & that was unsorted[1].
I marked a message inside a thread tree as unread.  I then collapsed the
thread, clicked a message outside that thread, and made sure the message
was selected instead of its tooltip [2].  Finally, I pressed 'n'.  The
message view pane went blank but the message list didn't jump to another
message.

As far as I can tell, this is exactly the bug Tim Reilly pointed out.

Hope that helped,

Nathan

[1]: It had been sorted by reverse-date, but I used the "unsort" command
on the right-click menu before doing this test.
[2]: This is a bug for another day, but when a subject or sender is too
long in the message list pane, the (very cool) tooltip that shows the
entire field appears to grab the focus away from the Evolution window.
This seems wrong.