Re: [Evolution] Some Evo 0.8 questions and a problem

On 19 Dec 2000 06:33:25 -0800, Garrett Mickelson wrote:
Mike,
to answer some of your questions:
1. If you go into the mail configuration under the settings menu, and
click the mail sources tab, you can then edit the accounts and select
Remember this password.
2. I'm still waiting on this one too. Maybe there is some hidden key
stroke that does it.

The n and p keys should work in unthreaded mode, I think they still
behave a bit strangely in threaded mode.

3. This seems to be a weird one. I have this problem too. What I did to
solve it though was to unthread the view and sort by new mail, by
clicking the envelope icon just below the search button. It then showed
all those "hidden" emails. I stopped using threaded view, because it
just seemed like mail would get lost. With .8 in threaded view, not only
does it get lost, but it's marked as new in the message counts.... :-(

The threading hides duplicate messages, unfortunately that means these
messages are not visible to be deleted.  I'm not sure what the final
solution to this will be.

4. Hopefully they will be able to get that into 1.0

I think fejj is actively working on adding support for a some forms of
crypto, I'm not sure about the specifics.

5. I have yet to have an expunge crash with .8

It should be fixed in CVS already.

Garrett Mickelson