Re: [Evolution-hackers] Compile Evolution Mail as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

Then I will use Webkit. It is available and I was doing simple browser with it.
For now, I have Qt port of Webkit and Cairo graphic.

Regarding size, I wonder about footprint of Evolution. I checked on my Ubuntu and
it is about 12 MB. Hopefully it will required less space after removing of some parts.

I found also some interesting post about EDS.
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2011-June/msg00028.html
As I understand there is some work done to make EDS more UI independent.
Do you know if this was done, or work is in progress and in which release it will be?

And as release 3.4 is planned for March 2012. Does it means that 3.6 should be available after
six months, so around September 2012. Does evolution follows GNOME schedules
(new stable version every six months)?

Michal

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Michal G. <guziemic spam gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Srini,
>
> I will go in direction of modifying build process to be able to remove all
> dependencies to libraries that are not available on my SDK.
> I think it should be possible, but still I am not sure.
> My aim is to compile EDS (only mails) with Evolution (only libemail-engine +
> ??) and your e-mail-factory.
> Then I'm going to provide some GUI.
> Communication between those components should be done via DBUS.
> I am still no aware how content of mail will be visible for user. Or in
> other words, who will render its content.

Evolution uses gtkhtml for rendering mails. Anjal used webkit. You can
also use MozEmbed.

> In addition, I need to estimate how big package (backend) I will have after
> successful compilation.
> Could you help me in estimation?

Big in the sense size? I have no idea tbh.

-Srini