Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking Camel settings

While we're looking at this, it might be an opportunity to get rid of
the UI plugins that the MAPI/GW/EWS/ActiveSync backends currently need.

For the 'Receiving Options' tab in the config, we have a
backend-provided list of options of various types, which is nice and
versatile.

But for the 'Receiving E-mail' tab, it's much more limited. The only
control we have over that is the flags like CAMEL_URL_ALLOW_USER,
CAMEL_URL_ALLOW_AUTH, CAMEL_URL_HIDDEN_HOST, etc.

Could we make that more versatile, so that the UI plugins are no longer
required? That would make things a lot cleaner, especially for
alternative UIs based on EDS — and would even allow those back ends to
be merged into EDS for real, rather than living in separate
repositories.

--
dwmw2