Re: [Evolution-hackers] shell shutdown, refcounts etc.

Well take it out if you want, but you can fix any of the bugs it produces!

Maybe you're just forgetting how much of a pain the issue is when it occurs and how many users it affects.  Its not only the shell, its every single thing that runs (the problem is actually bigger from when everything went in-proc).

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 22:44 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 14:00 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Oh yeah i meant to bring this up in the meeting but by the time i
> remembered we were onto something else.
>
> The shell intentionally ignores refcounts when shutting down.  This
> fixes (and to me seems the only practical way to fix - the refcount
> code is very painful in the shell, without adding all the other layers
> on top) the problem of 'evolution doesn't quit when i exit', when it
> just sits there waiting for nothing, in bonobo main.

Is it so painful any more?  The amount of refs the shell holds is
greatly reduced.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Novell, Inc.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.