Re: [evince] evince version 2.30.3 opens document to the last page.

On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 23:11 +0000, Suzanne Brower wrote:
Hi All,

I have a postscript file (created using groff) which is a multi-page
document.  If I open it using ggv on Solaris 10 it opens correctly to
page 1.  When I open it using evince on Solaris 11 it opens to the
last page of the document rather than the first.  I tried the
-page-label=1 command line open and that didn't do anything
(--page-label=2 does cause the document to open to page 2)  Page 1 has
a page header with the page number and everything looks like it does
for page 2.  I don't see anything in the postscript file that would
cause this to work for page 2 and not page 1 (although I haven't
worked a lot with postscript files, so maybe I am missing something)
Using the -preview or the -presentation command line options also
causes evince to open to the first page.  Unfortunately, we would
prefer not to use either of those settings.

Do you have a copy of the document available somewhere? In order to try
to reproduce the issue.

I just created a PS using groff from a man page, but it works as
expected.

Upgrading our version of evince is not an option as have to use the
version that comes with Solaris 11 which, at the time we upgraded to
Solaris 11 was version 2.30.3.

Unfortunately, 2.30.3 is an old version, from which there is no enough
man power to support more than the development and latest stable
version.

Nevertheless, if the problem could be reproduced with a newer version,
maybe a patch could be back ported, if not here, at least by the Solaris
team.

Regards,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño