[evince] evince version 2.30.3 opens document to the last page.

Hi All,

I have a postscript file (created using groff) which is a multi-page document.  If I open it using ggv on Solaris 10 it opens correctly to page 1.  When I open it using evince on Solaris 11 it opens to the last page of the document rather than the first.  I tried the –page-label=1 command line open and that didn’t do anything (--page-label=2 does cause the document to open to page 2)  Page 1 has a page header with the page number and everything looks like it does for page 2.  I don’t see anything in the postscript file that would cause this to work for page 2 and not page 1 (although I haven’t worked a lot with postscript files, so maybe I am missing something)  Using the –preview or the –presentation command line options also causes evince to open to the first page.  Unfortunately, we would prefer not to use either of those settings.

Upgrading our version of evince is not an option as have to use the version that comes with Solaris 11 which, at the time we upgraded to Solaris 11 was version 2.30.3.

I am hoping that someone can help with either an answer or at least point me in the direction of finding an answer.  I have searched the threads and cannot find anything related to my issue.  I have also read through wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince and googled this problem.  Clearly I am missing something.

If you have any suggestions on how I can fix this, or if this was a known issue that had a bug fix in a later release and you could let me know what release, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you

Sue Brower