[evince] bug: text in pdf only visible when marked

From: josh <jbuhl_nospam gmx de>
To: evince-list gnome org
Subject: [evince] bug: text in pdf only visible when marked
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:26:47 +0100

>in the pdf linked below, there are many text elements that are cut off
>when viewing in evince and are only visible if you mark the text with a
>mouse. see e.g. page 15.
>
>http://www.burley.de/public/assets/cec77c5f/Ersatzteile,Zubeh%C3%B6r,%20Preisliste_2011.pdf

I get a similar result with Evince 2.30.3 / Ubuntu 10.04
and the document:
http://cdn.billmoyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/State-of-Young-America_PollResults.pdf

For example on the Evince page 5, the second two sentnces on the left
( after "transition to adulthood." ) display as all yellow for me
unless I select them.  Almost all of page 7 except for heading and the final
bullet point look the same way.  9 of the 20 pages have some of this symptom.

Fred