Re: Patch: Runtime disable remote loaded files

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:03, Wouter Bolsterlee <wbolster gnome org> wrote:
> 2009-01-18 klockan 22:11 skrev Michal 'vorner' Vaner:
>> On the first opened file, everything works, window is swallowed. On the
>> second, the process starts, asks the first one to show the file and
>> exits. Mozplugger checks for windows of this process, not others (to
>> swallow the right window), but this process creates none. The original
>> already has one swallowed window, so this one is left alone.
>>
>> Now, what happens when I close the first tab is mozplugger kills the
>> application. This however kills all its windows, even the ones for other
>> documents (the unswallowed ones).
>>
>> I think this behaviour is suboptimal.
>
> But then, Evince is a Gnome application, and behaves accordingly. Swallowing
> application windows in a web browser (e.g. using mozplugger) is generally
> considered bad UI in the Gnome world (and I agree with that).

Now that we have libevview, would be relatively simple to do a proper
browser plugin based on evince.

Also there's the quick-and-dirtier possibility of using the (hopefully
about to be released) python bindings to do a simpler evince UI and
just mozplug that.

Regards,

Tomeu