Re: Side panel, plugins and image collection pane

Am Donnerstag, den 19.07.2007, 00:45 +0100 schrieb Lucas Rocha:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> Considering the UI consistency problem described in one of my blog
> posts[1], I decided to make some (sort of) important change in UI. We
> will "officially" only support the image collection placed on the
> bottom side of the window (just like we have in the latest stable Eye
> of GNOME version). This means I'll remove the preferences tab for
> image collection positioning.

> Comments?

To bad, this didn't work out so nicely. It was a neat (uncommon?)
feature to me although I don't have a widescreen monitor (which were the
main requestors for this IIRC).

Wasn't the plan to ditch the sidepane approach in eog-ng because it was
taking precious screen space? Maybe plugins could just reuse the
properties dialog. I can currently only think of one place where this
wouldn't be so nice: a directory browser plugin.

Felix