[Ekiga-list] feedback on ekiga 3.0.0: video great, audio output good (muted), audio input problematic

Ubuntu packages repackaged from Debian packages...
https://launchpad.net/~jtgalyon/+archive

I tested this over the net to a remote state and it worked great except my wife could not hear me. Additionally, after a little while there began to be clicks and buzzes that made it impossible to hear her.

Video quality was great and responded to my setting changes well.

Interestingly, the callback echo allowed me to input sound fine and hear the echo response.

I included the only patch in the build I used.

Additionally it should be noted that my wife runs Vista, and is using the 2.x beta snapshot available earlier, so perhaps that accounts for my wife not hearing me.

System:
Ubuntu (Kubuntu actually) Hardy 8.04
packages:
ekiga          3.0.0~1Ubuntu1