Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] On rewriting the text chat stack

On 16/11/15 21:10, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 16/11/2015 10:58, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 17/10/2015 23:20, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Well, I'm still on the thinking side of things : writing comes later.

I'm still thinking, but now also poking around ekiga's code to see what
changed.

I'm a bit annoyed I didn't find a heap-view widget, because I thought we
had one and wanted to make good use of it :-/

I propose to extend the base Ekiga::Presentity class with this api call:
virtual const std::list<std::string> get_emblems () const = 0;

The said emblems would appear in the GUI as little icons decorating the
presentity and be used in the following use-cases :
- in the main contact view, we could have information about how
privileged the contact is (for example those able to call us even in
do-not-disturb would have a star/heart shape in their emblems list) ;
- in a chat room's heap view, the emblems could materialize people
having voice or operator privileges ;
- in chat room's heap view again, the is-composing feature could be just
a "is-composing" emblem...

Hi Julien,

Is this about the chat? If you could work on the chat, it would be excellent, as this is what we need now. We could let the emblems for later, once the chat is working.

Have a good day,