Re: Patch for Delete key behavior (for dia-0.96.1)

Hello.

Before you all start killing for this ;). You can change the behaviour
of Dia for yourself. It is quite simple though not documented anywhere
on Dia pages (it should!).

Just run (under Windows):
notepad %USERPROFILE%\.dia\menurc

Change:
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/EditDelete" "Delete")

To:
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/display-actions/EditDelete" "<Control>Delete")

And you're done! Delete works as one would expect and you can see in the
menu that to delete an object you need to use Ctrl+Delete. Like I said
before - one of the first things I set in Dia after installing it.

BTW I think that a nicer workaround would be to have a working Delete
key for removing any objects unless some text is active. If some text is
active (a cursor is visible) then use delete normally and Ctrl+Delete
for removing objects.

Regards,
Nux.

Intelektualna uczta dla doświadczonych menedżerów i nie tylko.
Kliknij->
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fspotkanie_pti.html&sid=36