Re: Is there a way to prin in multiple pages?

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Leonardo Javier Belén wrote:
The problem I face, and which forces me to use Visio as well as Dia is
the fact that I dont find the way to print diagrams in multiple
pages. This is an extremely useful, and you can trust me it is, feature.

The 'Fit to' feature of Page Setup ought to cover printing in multiple
pages, if I understand your needs correctly.

I make diagrams all the time about legal structures and system
develpment, and usually them tend to be begger than 1m x 9m, so if I use
dia, i need to have a paper as big as that (and management says to me all
the time that printing that big is way too expensive for our budget). So
this feature will make me visio-free (which I want, but I cant now).

In 0.90, Dia uses /etc/paper.config for its page sizes.  You can add your
paper size there, if it's fairly constant.

And another feature that can be useful is to print only the page that is
changed, I mean, to be possible to select which page of all the ones that
build the diagram will be printed.

That's not something that Dia can do right now.  Adding something that
allows the user to select the pages to be printed wouldn't be too hard.
Somewhat more difficult would be to automatically detect pages that have
changed.  Since all changes are encapsulated for undo anyway, it may be
possible to do this.  Not easy, though.

In the mean time, a thing that really drives me crazy is the fact that,
when I need to print know the diagram in specially big paper (using a
sort of plotter) I, according with the printer's, need to give them a
raster image, so I try to give them .pngs, in which the resolution is
96x96, which is clearly unsufficient, so how can I change that value?.

In 0.90, you are asked for the size of the PNG when you export.  Just set
this up to however much you need.

Finally, I do like to contribute make a better product (if I can),
because I think it has the potential. It's only a matter of adding the
basic fuctionality that the common user (in this case me) can find
interesting. So I encourage you to pursue the excelence as you are doing
know. And keep in mind that I will help in this path both as a common
user as a developer if you people want.  Cheers you all Leonardo
J. Belén. AFIP-AR.

Thanks for your offer.

-Lars