Re: GNOME 3.0 in March 2011

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
Hello all,

A few release team members talked with various people during the first
few days at GUADEC to get a better feeling of where we stand on our road
to GNOME 3.0. We held a meeting later and decided that GNOME 3.0 should
be postponed to March 2011 to make sure this release will have the high
quality we all expect.

I'm in total support of this.  It seems like we have a large pile of things still to do with a very short span of time to do it.  We've only started to hit the 3.0 momentum these past three months.  You might get to feature complete, but stability might be an issue.  Getting it right is important.  We've waited this long to get this out, we can wait a couple of more months to complete.

Thanks,
sri