Re: dconf

On 04/02/2009 02:39 PM, Rob Taylor wrote:
My question would be is why do these "People" have a desktop in which
there isn't a DBus session bus?

The case were people in corporate Microdows environment have to manage a Linux box, and have to run UI application to the X11 server on the Windows PC they use to do that. In that case you don't have a session.

FWIW, my Debian server does not have dbus running. I never use any X program from it, but I wonder how it would behave in that situation.

Hub