Re: Quotation marks: Using =?utf-8?B?4oCc?= =?utf-8?B?4oCd?= instead of ""

2008-05-13 klockan 16:19 skrev Christian Neumair:
> Alex Jones proposed [1] to change the quotation marks in Nautilus
> strings from the ASCII representation "..." to the unicode variant
> “...”.
>
> I think the proposed quotation marks are aesthetically more pleasing,
> but I don't want to change this unless there is a GNOME-wide policy.
>
> I hereby propose to establish a GNOME policy of using “...” for
> quotations. Comments, objections?

Why not single quotation marks: ‘ and ’ instead? Many people associate
double quotes to verbatim speech, while this is almost never the case in
user interfaces.

I would also like to point out these sites:

  - The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks
    http://quotation-marks.blogspot.com/

  - The Gallery Of "Misused" Quotation Marks
    http://www.juvalamu.com/qmarks/

...since quotation marks are often used inappropriately.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

well i'm happy when it's good :: and when it's bad i cry          -- the who