Re: [Deskbar] deskbar 2.20 impressions

On 10/27/07, Sebastian Pölsterl <marduk k-d-w org> wrote:

I got an idea: How about showing the applications' icon instead of the
generic open icon. I'm not sure if it actually works, but I think this
would improve things.

It would be better than the current design, but I think the match icon would make items easier to find.

When you click on a match from the history handler the item will go to
the top of history. This might be useful when a item from the dropdown
menu is selected, too. However, history behaved exactly the same in
previous versions, too. I'm not sure if we should really change this.

The history handler doesn't work in this use case, I am just clicking on the history, then on a frequently-used item, not doing a new search from scratch.

This would be a significant change in behavior. My history list gets close to 30 items long before I have to clear it (which I think must happen to others using deskbar constantly like I do), but several items on that list are "frequent fliers" that I wish were easier to get to. Really, my whole point about the icons is more to find a better way to distinguish history items rather than finding the perfect icon, which is why I suggested this change. I think it would bring deskbar closer to the way gimmie makes stuff you use all the time more prominent and easier to get to.

Cheers,

--
Joe daLuz