[Deskbar] The future of Deskbar

> Stuart has a point here.
> I think our default behavior should be to enable new handlers found
> under ~/.gnome2/deskbar-applet (because if they are there it means the
> use just put them there, and tha means he want to try them, i guess)

But what if some evil program puts a file there and it gets executed
automatically. We should at least ask the other what to do and not just
load  the new handler without any notification.

Any evil program that can write to that folder could just do the evil
thing itself if it wanted to. That doesn't really buy anything, I
don't think. As Raf noted, Ubuntu take a similar approach with
daemons; if you installed it then the assumption is that you want it
to run, and a program that can imitate you to the extent that it can
write to your handlers folder can do anything that you can do already.

sil

--
If hard data were the filtering criterion you could fit the entire
contents of the Internet on a floppy disk.