Re: Help regarding integrating Beagle with the Nautilus File Manager

Hi Vatsal,

2010/1/25 vatsal nidhi <vatsal7289 gmail com>:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you sir for your prompt reply.I have to provide a tagging support in
> the File manager,that is , provide for the built-in and custom tags in the
> file manager,as against only the built-in tags available currently(in
> Beagle) and then I have to integrate it with the file manager.This has to be

Take a look at this - http://joeshaw.org/2007/03/07/464 and browse
through the Beagle source code. You should find most of what you want
already done (someone who knows more can quantify what is missing, if
anything).

> done in Fedora.If I am not wrong what u mean is it has been implemented in
> Ubuntu.Please correct me if I am wrong
> Please provide me with appropriate links  to the Nautilus and Beagle
> Integration so that I can study if that is what I am looking for.

This has been implemented in the main Nautilus source code repository
for a long time now. You can find the repository at:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/tree/

It is entirely possible that Fedora has explicitly disabled support
for this (it can be enabled/disabled at build-time).

--
Arun Raghavan
http://arunraghavan.net/