Re: Indexing mail attachments & files inside Zip/tar.

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 16:44 -0400, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is somewhat unnecessary.  I can't remember a single time
> I've needed to find something in a tarball that I haven't unzipped
> beforehand.  When you get a tarball, you either immediately unzip it, or
> keep it around to unzip later.

One specific case of this is figuring out which Java jar has some class
of interest. This is something I need to do from time to time, and it
would be nice to have that search be possible without having to drop to
the commandline or use a special tool.

--
Michael R Head <burner suppressingfire org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 23A02B1F)