Re: RSS Feed Indexer

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 15:54 -0400, Stephen O'Grady wrote:
> > 2) We integrate strongly with blam.  Beagle indexes its storage, and
> > leaves it deal with fetching feeds.  The value in using blam is that we
> > can, with quick turnaround, get tight beagle integration.  Things like
> > searching for a blog entry in best, double clicking, and having that
> > result opened in blam.  Saving screenshots of viewed posts.  Dnd of rss
> > feeds into emails.
>
> not that i'm against integration with blam, but if Beagle's going to
> index storage only, and simply reflect over to the client on click, etc
> isn't that integration fairly lightweight? i.e. couldn't that be done
> fairly easily with other clients?
>
> i ask because whichever client gets the bloglines sync first will be my
> client, and if it's not blam i'd hate to be shut out of Dashboard.

Beagle's mission is to find and index your information wherever it can
get it.  All your data should eventually trickle up into a Beagle index
at some point.  It's just a matter of whether or not a crawler, filter
or query driver exists for your data.

What's clear is that Beagle itself should not maintain a list of your
RSS subscriptions, since Beagle isn't an RSS reader.  Instead, it should
troll your subscription list from wherever it can be found.

Nat