[Banshee-List] Installing banshee on Xubuntu 19.04

I've been using banshee for years.  I just upgraded to Xubuntu 19.04 and
there were all sorts of problems with banshee.  It ran, but could not be
terminated with Ctrl-Q, requiring the process to be killed.  It no longer
registered itself with the volume tools and it would not accept command-line
controls, launching a new independent process each time!

I removed the old package with the intent to reinstall it, but then found
that neither ppa:banshee-team/ppa nor the ppa:banshee-team/banshee-unstable
maintain the proper control file for this or any recent version of the OS.
The Canonical Software center is not maintaining an packages for this.

So what do I need to do to get this reinstalled?

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/