[Banshee-List] Problem building banshee

Hi,

I'm trying to build banshee from the instructions at http://banshee.fm/download/development/ on Linux Mint 17.3 'Rosa'. I have lots of experience developing software on Windows to pay the bills but only about 3 months of experience on Linux and maybe 2 week experience with development.

I think Linux Mint is based off Ubuntu so I'm following the instructions for Ubuntu. When I get to the step
sudo apt-get build-dep banshee

I get this error

> sudo apt-get build-dep banshee
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for banshee

I saw in another posting on this list that, for a different error, they used aptitude to fix their problem so I tried that.

> sudo aptitude build-dep banshee
Unable to find the source package for "banshee".
Unable to find the source package for "banshee".
The following packages will be REMOVED:
fritzing-data{u} libqt4-webkit{u}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 118 MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] n
Abort.

I'm fairly sure that removing packages would be a bad thing so I didn't remove them.
Could someone please help me with this problem?

Jeff