[Banshee-List] banshee does not syncn/ write files

Hi
I am trying to force banshee to write tag info into files and change file
names according to it.
But:
When I tick "sync metadata..." and "copy files.." and "update files and
folder names" in the preferences and then change tag info nothing happens.
Going back to preferences show all three boxes unticked.
I have this problem on three different computers, all running opensuse.
Any ideas?
Alex

Banshee 2.6.1
OpenSuse 13.1 kde 4.11.4