[Banshee-List] Working Well Report

I tried to decipher bugzilla to report this, but now I'm kind of glad I couldn't considering that this is not a bug.  As a matter of fact, this is more of a kudos, or congratulatory mail.

I'm a Foresight Linux user, and I'm just dropping a note to report that I'm able to use nearly all, except YoutTube (disabled intentionally), features of Banshee.  I disabled the YouTube features because, quite frankly, I didn't want to deal with the pre-requisites.  I've packaged and installed  banshee-2.0.1 for my distrobution and it seems to be working perfectly.  The maintainers and developers of this project have done an awesome job of keeping the player relevant, useful, and indispensable.

Features I'm making use of include:

CD-Ripping:  Works like a champ.  I put a CD in, click the import button, and it rips, identifies the tracks, and becomes available to my library.
Android Sync:  Works like a champ:  I plug or dock my T-Mobile G2 and the music library sync's with the device according to my preferences, exactly as I would expect.
Amazon:  I buy music & download, or buy music and save to cloud, then download.  In either case, Banshee is able to interpret the amz files and import them into my music library, burn them to disc, or sync them to my android device.
Disc burnnig:  From the Banshee interface I'm able to create CDA audio disks for standard MP3 players, or ISO disks for regular ISO filesystem images full of .mp3 files and directories for use in my truck which supports mp3 audio ISO 9660 CD/DVD playback.  This is all possible via launching the brasero interface.

From my PC (Foresight Linux), to my mobile devices, (Car CD/DVD, Android G-2), to my workstation (Windows 7), banshee is at the center of organization and distribution.  So far as my own personal use is concerned, Banshee 2.0.1 is meeting or exceeding the requirements I expect  All with the ease of use I expect from a full featured desktop application perfectly.

I just wanted to drop a note and say thanks for all the hard work without dropping a bug in bugzilla just to say thanks.  You guys have done an outstanding job with this player while keeping the deps reasonable for us packagers.

Speaking of which, here's some foresight linux instructions for jumping ahead of the distro release and getting the banshee 2.0.1 app w/ features on your box without waiting on foresight to do it (x86_64 instructions only).

1.) Quit Banshee if it's currently running.
2.) sudo vi /etc/conary/config.d/foresight
    a.) Remove the first line:   installLabelPath foresight.rpath.org@fl:2-kernel  foresight.rpath.org@fl:2 conary.rpath.com@rpl:2-qa
    b.) Replace the first line with this:  installLabelPath johna.rpath.org@johna:johna-1-devel foresight.rpath.org@fl:2-kernel  foresight.rpath.org@fl:2 conary.rpath.com@rpl:2-qa
3.)  Run:  sudo conary update --resolve banshee:runtime
4.)  The rest should happen automatically..
5.)   If anything should go wrong, don't hesitate to contact me.

Great Job Guys,

John A.