[Banshee-List] iPod Video (5G), podcasts, and syncing

Hi all,

I have an iPod Video that has been previously managed with iTunes under
Windows XP and Vista.  I am running Ubuntu 9.04. I have always had an issue
where plugging in my iPod brings up a "cannot mount iPod" error, yet it
shows up just fine in the file browser.

I am primarily trying to use Banshee as a podcatching client. Every time I
plug in my iPod, I have to import my iPod as media and add all the songs to
Banshee's library before Banshee will recognize my iPod. This is EXTREMELY
frustrating and time consuming.

Second, once I actually managed to get podcats on my iPod, I found out that
Banshee had wiped out all my playlists, erasing everything that was in
"Podcasts" and "Video Podcasts" and added the new podcasts that I'd
downloaded through Banshee as regular audio files. I'm happy that I can at
least get the podcasts on to my iPod somehow, but not being able to use
standard features like bookmarking and having what podcasts I haven't
listened to is really annoying.

Are these issues just standard features for Banshee, or are they bugs that I
can fix? Thank you!