Re: [Banshee-List] gitorious

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Jeroen Budts <jeroen lightyear be> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:57:28 -0700, Sandy Armstrong
> <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
>> The main git repo is at git.gnome.org.  The one at gitorious is a
>> mirror, but sometimes it can be a few commits behind.
>>
>> Git lets you add remotes, though, so you can clone from git.gnome.org,
>> and then push and pull to and from various repositories (including
>> your own clone) on gitorious.
>
> Thanks for you explanation! Still one more question: If the gitorious repo
> is a mirror for the main git repo, then why isn't it automatically updated
> every few hours?

Because it's not automated, somebody has to manually 'git push
gitorious' on their banshee checkout.  I've heard of a way to combine
two remotes into one push (basically put two URLs on one remote), but
I think there was some downside.

The gitorious copy is an experiment - maybe it's not really that useful.

Gabriel