Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Sync

I used Rhythmbox today after a long period of time again, and the
software has evolved quite impressing. And as gtkpod is quite a bad
management System, with ryhtmbox managing my ipod nano 5th gen is good
and works quite flawless. Due to the fact that they use libgpod, which
works quite well too. :)

I would set the support of the newer IPods as a top priority, as many
people buy IPods and not OSS compatible Players. After my A-Levels
this spring I hopefully find time to get something done on the libgpod
bindings, if not somebody else has started to work here till then.

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 00:18, Daniel Hughes <trampster gmail com> wrote:
> And while we are talking about what is supported out of the box in
> ubuntu, there are two interesting points:
>
> 1. Even the default file manager will support ipod touch/iphone out of
> the box in lucid .

Wow, didn't know this, but I'm keen on that idea for some years now.
Managing Ipod (all). just in the File Manager. Dragging Music on it
should register the music in the ipod database.

> 2. Rhythmbox will support the ubuntu one music store in lucid.
There is something gooing on in the bce. I think somebody is working on it.

I love Banshee,
Samuel