[Banshee-List] Comment and questions

As a real noobie to Linux Distros, I wish to make a comment and ask a question.
My computer is primarily used for browsing, music, and email. My music library has over 14k songs. My 320 G hard drive is partitioned equally between Windows XP and Linux Mint 8 Helena. (1.4 GHz Athlon, 512 RAM). I've downloaded and "played" with Rhythmbox and downloaded and played with Banshee Also have read about other Jukebox programs available for Linux distros. Of those available, Banshee a[[ears to be the closest one to what i desire. Meanwhile, using WINE doors, I downloaded and installed J. Rivers' Media Jukebox 8 (what I am running on Windows). Everything works fine except MJ8 on Linux  doesn't recognize my computer's cd player or burner.

So My Questions:

1 )Does anyone know how to get my MJ8 to recognize my CD player and burner on Linux Mint?
2) Based on the comments, questions, and problems posted on this Banshee List, I'm getting quite leery of switching to it. Is this list of problems representative of those running Banshee???
3) Recommendations for a Linux based Jukebox from dissatisfied people who have or are running Banshee?

Thanks,
DIck

Show me something more beautiful than a beautiful girl, and then I'll go paint it." Alberto Vargas