Re: [Banshee-List] Distorted sound after banshee update?

I experienced something similar when upgrading, it turned out that the EQ
presets had been forgotten during the upgrade and for some reason ended up
on "Pop". Solution was just to turn the EQ off again. The Pop setting was
introducing severe distortion.

However you're saying you're getting distortion outside banshee, and mine
was only within banshee, so its probably something else. If so then I can't
help you, sorry!