Re: [Banshee-List] Weird sound from Banshee 1.5.5

2010/3/12 "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte gmail com>
El 11/03/10 23:21, insanekat escribió:

> I installed 1.5.5 (but I had the previous version with the same problem but
> the version BEFORE that had no problem).
>
> When I play my music, there is an almost fuzzy feedback sound. It just makes
> it sound very poor quality. It does it both on my regular laptop speakers
> and my attachable speakers. I tried fiddling around with the sound settings
> a bit but this didn't help.
>
> It does not happen with other media players, only Banshee, so I'm fairly
> confident it's not my speakers or my computer.
>
> Using Ubuntu 9.10. I can provide any other information you may need and any
> help is greatly appreciated!

Does the problem happen if you try reproducing the same but via playbin2
instead of Banshee?

If this is part of a generally useful metric perhaps we should include information on how to know if playbin2  is in use and how to test with it on ye olde wiki? Also could we collect how many users are on playbin2 versus the standard version for that great anonymous data siphone?

- David