[Banshee-List] Weird sound from Banshee 1.5.5

I installed 1.5.5 (but I had the previous version with the same problem but
the version BEFORE that had no problem).

When I play my music, there is an almost fuzzy feedback sound. It just makes
it sound very poor quality. It does it both on my regular laptop speakers
and my attachable speakers. I tried fiddling around with the sound settings
a bit but this didn't help.

It does not happen with other media players, only Banshee, so I'm fairly
confident it's not my speakers or my computer.

Using Ubuntu 9.10. I can provide any other information you may need and any
help is greatly appreciated!