[Banshee-List] Re trieve Music Collection from Extension

Hello,

I'm writing an extension for Banshee and I need to be able to search the
music library in a meaningful way. That is to say, I would like to be able
to query Banshee to return all the tracks of a certain artist, or a certain
album etc. I've been looking around in the source code and the only thing I
could find was to use the CollectionIndexerService. That way I can create an
index which I can then access with the GetModelResultsCount(int modelIndex),
GetResult(int modelIndex, int itemIndex) methods and go through all the
items of the collection checking for songs of a certain artist. That seems
too inefficient however. Doesn't bansee have an internal way of searching
the music collection and returning the appropriate information?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.