Re: [Banshee-List] Some observations on our data collecting

How do I create a new topic out of this, because packaging hasn't
really much to do with metrics. (I'm not sure, so I will answer here.)

I would release something like a release candidate and release 24h
before real release date, so when the official release date comes we
can already offer packages for ubuntu ...., Open Office is doing it
similar, they release a little bit earlier and then share the binaries
and sources on all the mirrors, when this is done the software is
officially released.