Re: [Banshee-List] Change the paths to organize the library

2008/12/22 Bertrand Lorentz
On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 20:45 +0100, Benjamín Valero Espinosa wrote:
> 2008/12/14 Bertrand Lorentz:
>         If you want a specific folder or file name pattern, you can
>         manually
>         edit the following key in gconf-editor :
>          /apps/banshee-1/library/file_pattern
>          /apps/banshee-1/library/folder_pattern
>
>         The available tokens are listed in
>         src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Configuration.Schema/LibrarySchema.cs
>
>         If you want new possibilities to be displayed in the
>         Preferences UI,
>         have a look at the Suggested* properties in
>         src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Base/FileNamePattern.cs
>
> Thanks a lot! Unfortunately, it seems there is no option for putting
> the album artist in the path.

I think adding an option is fairly easy.
To get you started, you could try to find the patch that added %genre%.
It should be attached to an old bug in bugzilla.

Yes, the bug is #492181. I have done the same steps and now I am able to organize my library by album artist. Do you think such a simple modification deserves a patch?