Re: [Banshee-List] cannot import any media in banshee1.2.1

Chow Loong Jin wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 11:54 -0800, Ian Atkin wrote:
>> I'm only trying to add files that have been added to an existing
>> folder,
>> rather than creating new subfolders.  I'm wondering if an update
>> applied
>> recently has broken Banshee?
>>
>> Ian
> Yep that's right. An update to taglib-sharp. A bunch of patches applied
> to Debian and the PPA packages broke it. For now, please revert to the
> taglib-sharp in the Ubuntu repositories. The package involved is
> libtaglib0.2-cil.
>
> I won't be looking at fixing this bug until after the 14th, unless I do
> get some free time, due to upcoming exams, but considering I can't
> reproduce the bug on my system, I'll need someone who can to stick
> around and monitor this thread for when I try rolling an update to see
> if that fixes the issue.
>
> For now, please provide the following information:
> * Banshee's version (apt-cache policy banshee)
> * The file format of the files you are trying to import.
> --
> Chow Loong Jin

Hi there

Reverting the libtaglib0.2-cil package to the version in the Ubuntu
repository fixed the problem.  I'm importing mp3 files, and the output from
the apt-cache policy banshee command is:

banshee:
  Installed: 1.2.1-3~hardy4
  Candidate: 1.2.1-3~hardy4
  Version table: