Re: [Banshee-List] Fwd: 13 decimal places

Ok, so I got a little excited about bringing Boo back. You can now
script those duration formats to your heart's content:

http://svn.gnome.org/svn/banshee/trunk/banshee/src/Extensions/Banshee.BooScript/Resources/duration-status-formats.boo

The Boo scripting is just another Banshee extension. You will need Boo
installed for this extension to build, and then it is also turned off by
default. You can enable it from the preferences dialog.

Scripts should be placed in ~/.config/banshee-1/boo-scripts

Or you can run them from the command line:

banshee-1 --run-scripts script-1.boo script-2.boo

It would be nice to provide a script management UI that would appear if
the BooScript extension is loaded. This would allow you to add/remove
and enable/disable scripts. It could install itself as a third tab in
the preferences UI. If anyone is interested in doing this, let me know.

Note that Boo has a reasonable performance overhead. It takes about
0.75s for the first script to compile since all the interpreter/compiler
stuff has to be loaded once. Subsequent scripts will run faster. But
there's also a small memory overhead for making all this stuff happen.

That is, if you're really into customizing Banshee, Boo scripting can be
a great thing for you, but it's not something we'll use/support OOTB.

Enjoy!

--Aaron