Re: [Banshee-List] no description column for podcasts

On Dec 13, 2007 1:08 PM, Florin Andrei <florin andrei myip org> wrote:
The only thing that currently prevents me from using Banshee as a
podcast aggregator instead of Gpodder is the lack of a Description
column when listing the files in a podcast channel. There are only a
Title and a Date columns (the Podcast column is somewhat redundant with
the info presented in the area above).

See how Gpodder does it:

http://gpodder.berlios.de/releases/0.9.4/gpodder-0.9.4-big.png
http://gpodder.berlios.de/releases/0.9.1/gpodder-0.9.1-main_window.png
http://gpodder.berlios.de/releases/0.9.0/gpodder-0.9.0-new.png

I am aware that providing this info may not be consistent with other
types of media (MP3 files, CDs) which may lack this attribute. Still,
it's very useful to have this info when looking at a channel. I would
argue that it is a crucial feature in any modern podcast reader.

Good idea. Could you file an enhancement bug in GNOME's bugzilla on this?

Oh, and while I'm posting here, another thing, definitely not as
important, it's more of a bling factor, but still: Gpodder can download
and display the cover icon next to each channel. See the screenshot
above. It's not a crucial feature, but it allows for easier reading of
the list of channels.

I expect the new Browser view that's just landed in SVN will allow this, but it's worth filing a separate enhancement I think.

Let me know if you need any help with those.

Cheers,
Andrew