[Banshee-List] no description column for podcasts

The only thing that currently prevents me from using Banshee as a podcast aggregator instead of Gpodder is the lack of a Description column when listing the files in a podcast channel. There are only a Title and a Date columns (the Podcast column is somewhat redundant with the info presented in the area above).

See how Gpodder does it:

http://gpodder.berlios.de/releases/0.9.4/gpodder-0.9.4-big.png
http://gpodder.berlios.de/releases/0.9.1/gpodder-0.9.1-main_window.png
http://gpodder.berlios.de/releases/0.9.0/gpodder-0.9.0-new.png

I am aware that providing this info may not be consistent with other types of media (MP3 files, CDs) which may lack this attribute. Still, it's very useful to have this info when looking at a channel. I would argue that it is a crucial feature in any modern podcast reader.

Oh, and while I'm posting here, another thing, definitely not as important, it's more of a bling factor, but still: Gpodder can download and display the cover icon next to each channel. See the screenshot above. It's not a crucial feature, but it allows for easier reading of the list of channels.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/