[Banshee-List] red circle on iPod tracks

I am using banshee 0.11.2 on SUSE 10.1. When I use Banshee to listen to my iPod, I have noticed that some tracks have a solid red circle at the far left of the track line. This red circle has a white exclamation mark in its center. The problem is that I cannot play these tracks. What is the significance of this red circle? In particular, what do I need to do to be able to listen to these tracks?

-charles